Job Description : Planner
Employer : BPS Contractor
Salary : £25,000 PA
Working Hours : 07.30 to 17.30
Start Date : ASAP
This BPS Contractor specialises in building structures that start with services such as enabling works, temporary works, ground works, leading into reinforced concrete sub-structures and super-structures. They also deal with waste management and run a successful plant hire business.
The business has developed into a company renowned for providing value for money solutions to client requirements. They pride ourselves on delivering a project that exceeds our client's expectations. The high level of repeat business highlights the satisfaction of their clients. Resulting in consistence client base growth over the last thirty years.
This contractor has had extensive works awarded at Battersea Power Station and as part of that programme requires a Planner to support their key construction operations across the Power Station Site.
- Support the planning function, which involves creating and managing project schedules at a detailed design level through the construction phase - project level and programme, milestone level.
- Manage dependencies and maintain a critical path.
- Maintain and process of information from different entities and coordinate in a controlled process.
- Work closely with the project team, main contractor and financial entities to maintain accurate and up to date data for multiple stages of multiple projects
- Reporting and planning reviews with clients and others requiring information for ongoing planning reporting cycles.
- Work closely with the reporting function, inputting into their process and regular cycle.
- Apply agreed planning standards and ensure they are adopted and embedded across in the programme.
- Transfer skills and knowledge to internal staff as appropriate.
- Proficiency in the use of ASTA is essential.
- Be a team player with management skills to facilitate the ability to receive and extract information with many differing fascist’s and levels of the industry to gain the information required.
- Good understanding of the construction industry and processes, from the design stage through to completion of the projects.
- Demonstrate the ability of managing the scheduling of projects in the 3 million plus range
- Ability of managing multiple projects and one time at differing stages
- Demonstrate the process of the information coordination and presentation to others
- Working autonomously and in a team environment
- Current and relevant experience of working in a range of building projects from health care , government , commercial , high class residential development delivering large scale multiple programmes.
- Ability to work at pace and under pressure, with initiative and can-do attitude.