Purpose of the role:
The role of the Concierge Host is to provide the highest level of personalised customer care and service to all residents, internal employees / clients and directors in line with the agreed service standards and procedures.
Main duties and responsibilities
The role is defined in the context of company’s values as follows:
Making First Impressions Last
In whatever part of the business we work, we aim to make the client’s first impression a positive and lasting one, delivering outstanding service and memorable client care
- To provide a warm, courteous and prompt welcome on arrival for all residents and visitors to the building.
- Coordinates day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the residents on a daily basis.
- To Anticipate residents' service needs, including asking questions of residents to better understand their needs and watching/listening to resident preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Looking after all the resident needs whether it’s arranging their laundry service, chauffeur car service, private jet, theatre tickets etc.
- Personalised bespoke service is maintained for every individual resident knowing their preferences and specific needs.
- Attention to detail on all aspects of the job, whether it’s resident service or maintaining and managing the building to the required immaculate level.
- To ensure that accurate log is maintained for any visitors, deliveries and are announced and escorted to the apartments as per the set standards.
- Actively listen and respond positively to residents questions, concerns, and requests using brand or client specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Thank residents with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding the area, property services, and area attractions/offerings
- Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Maintains knowledge of rooms and their locations, services and facilities of the building.
- Be reliable, flexible, honest and a strong advocate for company and the client.
Focus on People
We put people at the heart of our business and work hard to develop excellence working relationships.
- Actively and positively engage with residents, colleagues, visitors, clients and our service providers to ensure a seamless service experience can be created.
- Anticipate resident needs and follow up to ensure that their expectations are met and where possible exceeded.
- Maintains awareness of cultural differences needed to meet residents specific needs and requirements.
- Ensure that a great working relationship is maintained with our client and other departments within the building.
- Ensure to visit the main management suite often to ensure face to face interaction with the management and the rest of the building team.
- Take ownership and responsibility ensuring you are working effectively and developing close relationships with your colleagues.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Establishes relationships with local attractions, restaurants and other businesses to enhance guests' experiences
- Support your colleagues and assist coaching new starters through their probation periods
We stay close to the business, supporting, listening and responding to the needs of our people and our clients.
- To handle all incoming telephone calls / enquiries promptly giving a warm, courteous welcome and using the agreed salutation.
- Working close to all our service partners and maintaining a good relationship to expand business.
- To carry out regular floor walks and security checks of the building and reporting and logging any details as required
- To ensure that the a detailed daily log is maintained for any incidents, resident requests and shift handover.
- To check, read and action e-mails and other requests regularly and on a timely basis.
- To liaise and communicate with other team members and other service departments in a clear and timely manner to ensure service delivery and team work.
- Maintaining and managing the petty cash float as per the standards.
- Encourage and motivate colleagues to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Taking ownership and liaising any resident requests as required.
- Actively promoting “Bespoke Concierge” services to all the residents and visitors and to work close with all service providers.
SAFETY AND SECURITY:
- work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to line manager
- Follow client and department safety and security policies and procedures to maintain a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Maintain awareness of suspicious persons on property premises.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel
ADMINISTRATION / GENERAL:
- To maintain an organised and tidy work area – this is to include your desk, reception area, lobby and resident floor corridors.
- To maintain appropriate stationery stocks in the reception area.
- Protect the privacy and security of residents/ resident’s guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information
- Ensure uniform, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Administrating any projects/presentation as required by the line manager.
- Any other reasonable tasks asked to be performed by the management according to the changing business needs.
- Analyses information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates line manager and the peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the front of house goals to produce desired results.
- A minimum of two years’ previous experience working in a customer service environment, preferably within a 5 star hotel or similar hospitality industry.
- High level customer service ambassador
- Able to understand, anticipate and deliver outstanding personalised service
- Able to demonstrate a professional and organised approach to the role
- Great team player and can take ownership and responsibility.
- Previously worked to policy and procedures
- Logical thinker, able to spot errors and resolve issues
- Ability to prioritise
- Attention to detail
- Professional service approach knowledge
- Confident and outgoing nature
- Professional presentation
- Knowledge on Microsoft Office programmes and Outlook.
- Knowledge on a Property Management System or equivalent.
- Awareness of current security issues/threats is desirable.
- Professional service approach knowledge.
- Fluent in English both verbal and written (email particularly)